Looking for a delicious winter warmer to help get you through the chilly days?! Chorizo stew is the perfect addition to your winter menu. A versatile dish that you can enjoy any time of the day. Eat it with your morning coffee or for lunch or dinner with a glass of red, and you’ve got yourself a great match.
4 x Chorizo
8 x Slices of Shortcut Bacon
1 x Onion
1 x Zucchini
1 x Capsicum
1 x Can of Red Kidney
12 x Button Mushrooms
3 x Handful of Baby Spinach
1 Kg Tomato Passata
500ml Chicken Stock or Broth
2 Tsp Cummin
1 Tsp Salt
Fresh Corriander to Serve
Goats cheese to serve
1. Slice Chorizo and add to your pot or pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, brown the chorizo off and add the diced onion.
2. Dice the bacon and slice the mushrooms, capsicum and zucchini and stir through, allowing each vegetable to soften and the bacon to cook.
3. Add the cumin and salt and evenly coat over the ingredients.
4. Add the rinsed kidney beans, spinach, tomato passata and chicken broth and allow the stew to simmer for approx 15 minutes.
5. Serve in a bowl to eat, and generously sprinkle coriander (or parsley works, too) and goat's cheese over the top.
6. Enjoy either by itself or with a lovely piece of sourdough!